Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tiling the bathroom


I've decided to give the bathroom a complete makeover since adding the airing cupboard.
I'd bought some beautiful wall tiles from Traditional Elegance Dollshouse Tiles when I first got the house and then didn't use them! Going for the quicker option instead in my haste to get the house all decorated....
The room is all stripped back now and ready for painting. I'm keeping the walls white, tempting as it is to put up a patterned wallpaper!


Each tiny tile is being glued onto a heavy quality paper first. I chose paper over card as I didn't want too much bulk...doing the tiling this way, flat on a table out of the house is much easier than trying to struggle laying them directly on to the walls inside the house itself



I think these new tiles are much more in keeping with the era and also the beauty of laying them individually like this means I can choose how I want the pattern to look...
Here they are transferred into the house on the paper ready to be stuck on...



No comments:

Post a Comment