Pages

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Bathroom floor and walls complete!

I've used Richard Stacey black and white vinyl tiles for the floor. They were a dream to lay, they're so accurately cut and it was just a matter of using a tiny amount of pva glue....


As with the walls I made templates of the floor and  then stuck the tiles onto that. This will enable me to slide the whole floor out if ever I need to replace the lighting in the kitchen below.....I've never had to do this in a house yet but you can bet your bottom dollar, the one time I don't make a floor removable something would go wrong! Here are some photos of the finished floor and walls... 

 
This is just how I remember our bathroom looking when I was a little girl growing up in the 1950s


 Just waiting for the new bathroom suite to arrive now!


No comments:

Post a Comment